- During half term we had an amazing family trip to Legoland and Chester Zoo. We all had a great time and the girls went crazy when they realised we were going to Legoland – as we pulled up to the entrance! All the way in the car they had been shouting that we were going Slough and were really excited even though they had no idea what they were going to do there. I’ve got a couple of posts planned all about Legoland, which I’ll hopefully post next week
- Of course, that’s if I ever get any time to blog! Clara is being a bit of a monkey at night times. For weeks now she has been refusing to sleep without one of us holding her or at least being in the room with her, then waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes for hours at a time. It means that by the time we get her to bed I then have no time left to do anything else – or I’m too exhausted to after having broken sleep the night before!
- To try and solve the issue we thought it might be time for Clara to move from a cot to a bed. The first night we found her asleep on the chair, the next asleep on the floor behind the door. She seems to be getting the hang of it though! Typically she learned how to open her bedroom door the same day we took the cot down so we have had a little visitor in our room a couple of times.
- On Sunday we attempted to blow away some of the cobwebs off with a walk in the Lake District. We went on a Gruffalo and Stick Man hunt at Whinlatter – Clara was excited everytime she saw a picture or sign, but wouldn’t go near the Gruffalo or Gruffalo’s Child sculptures. “I scared!”
- She’s been loving dressing up as Jessie from Toy Story this week. She got an Elsa dress for her birthday but it was really tight so when we took it back to the shop she spied this one and kept saying “Yee ha!” Both girls love dressing up – I think their fancy dress collection is bigger than my actual wardrobe!
If you enjoyed this post, please share. 🙂