Following on from my post ‘8 reasons I’m in no rush to stop breastfeeding‘, there are also some things I’m really looking forward to once we move on to follow-on milk.
1. Sharing the night feeds. In theory. In practice I will spend ten minutes kicking and prodding my husband, who will remain pretending to be fast asleep and I will still end up doing the night feeds myself. But at least this eliminates a valid excuse for my husband not to get up. Therefore I have a valid excuse to kick him in the middle of the night.
2. Being able to wear whatever clothes I like without having to think about access and discretion when feeding.
3. Not having to express milk 2 minutes before leaving the house if I’m going to be away from baby for a few hours. Usually stood in my underwear, pumping with one hand, trying to do my makeup with the other. Gone are the days of getting ready for a night out at a leisurely pace with a glass of wine on the go.
4. Not spending the very little time I have away from the baby feeling like my boobs are going to explode. Or having to express milk into the toilet while at a wedding just to get some relief, after accidently whipping a breast pad out of my handbag at the bar while searching for my purse!
5. Mojitos. Need I say more.
6. Not having to ‘pump and dump’ after treating myself to a mojito (or three). Drunk. While sat on the bathroom floor. While eating takeaway. Crying at the waste as I tip that liquid gold down the sink. And then having to get up extra early to express milk while hungover. No one need that.
7. Not having little tiny razor sharp baby teeth anywhere near my nipples.
8. Burning Ditching the nursing bras.
What are you looking forward to once you stop breastfeeding?
If you like this post, please share!