This year we will be spending Christmas as a family of 5, with our newest addition Josie. She will be 13 weeks old on Christmas Day; too young to know what’s going on but all the same we want to celebrate her first ever Christmas. We’ve bought a few things to mark the occassion, but most of all we are looking forward to having some chilled out family time over the Christmas break and lots of cosy Josie cuddles.
1. This wooden advent calendar from Melissa and Doug is a great alternative to a chocolate calendar and can be used year after year. Each day another bauble is added to the tree. Available from Amazon.
2. Of course Josie needs her very own stocking for Father Christmas to fill with treats – we picked this personalised one from Mamas and Papas.
3. Josie might be too little this year to tuck into a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, but she can still make her milk feeds seem more festive with a musical Santa bib from Matalan.
4. Every year when we decorate the tree, there are certain baubles that bring back memories as we unpack them. This year we will be adding a special bauble for Josie – painted with her footprints, name and the year. We made this one at a local pottery shop (The Crafty Workshop), but if you don’t have anywhere similar close by you could buy blank baubles and make your own at home, or order a personalised bauble from Etsy, Not on the Highstreet or similar websites.
5. Everyone needs some cosy Christmassy pyjamas for the festive season, and this ‘My First Christmas’ babygrow from George at Asda is perfect for little ones.
Who else is celebrating baby’s first Christmas this year? Hope you all have a very merry one.