It’s two weeks to go until the big day and there is lots of festive fun to be had. We were sent a 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar from Room to Grow Beds and we’ve had fun opening the gifts and activities included.
The chocolates and candy canes were a big hit with the kids (Clara is developing quite the candy cane addiction!) while I’m looking forward to trying out the deliciously Christmas-scented bath bomb – because of course it’s important to take some time out from all that busy festive prep and just… relax. And I’m sure I’ll get time to do that at some point. Maybe mid-January, but I will make the time eventually I’m sure!
The girls have had fun trying out the activities – and here’s some fun things to try this Christmas, inspired by our Room to Grow advent calendar.
- Buy some clear plastic baubles (that open in two halves) and decorate them to hang on the tree. Izzy and Clara used glitter glue, although they both put far too much in so I had to scrape some out! Then they added some little gold stars before we hung them up with gold string. We’ve made baubles before – one year we went to Center Parcs just before Christmas, where Izzy collected a small pinecone and the badges she received for some of the activities and put them inside a clear plastic bauble. Now every year we hang that memory on our tree.
- Take a walk together as a family and find some pine cones – then decorate them using glitter glue. You could pop them in a glass bowl to make a table centre piece.
- Make reindeer food to sprinkle on the garden on Christmas Eve – it’s easy to make, just mix a handful of oats with a dash of cocoa powder and some glitter!
- Set out some card, stickers and glitter, and the kids can make their own Christmas cards. We usually encourage Izzy and Clara to hand-make cards for their teachers and nursery staff, as it’s a nice personal touch, plus it’s amazing how much fun they have when you give them free range with the craft supplies!
- Write a letter to Father Christmas. It’s never too late, especially not if you have an Elf who can take it straight to the North Pole for you! And if your children can’t quite manage to write a letter yet, they could draw pictures or cut some out from toy catalogues so Santa knows just what they would like.
We were kindly sent a 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar from Room to Grow. Room to Grow helps you to create practical, yet stylish bedrooms for children, with a wide range of high quality bedroom furniture from top European brands, as well as all those finishing touches – mattresses, accessories and bedding. Visit Room to Grow to find out more.
Enjoy getting crafty and have a very merry Christmas!