Since our last roundup, we’ve had the Easter Holidays, a trip to Legoland – and I jumped out of a plane!
- I’ve always wanted to do a skydive even though the thought terrified me. After my husband did one last year and loved it, I decided just to go for it and signed up with 4 friends. There really isn’t anything quite like it. I’ll be writing a blog post about my experience soon but it was the scariest and most exhilarating thing I’ve ever done – and I can’t help but feel incredibly proud of myself. Plus I’ve raised over £800 for the MS Society so far!
- The Easter holidays feel like so long ago – coincidentally I’m thinking about making these monthly roundups rather than weekly so I can keep up! We went to Legoland – I’ve written some tips to make the most of your visit, definitely worth a read if you are thinking about going! It’s great – even if you’re not a Lego fan (though really I haven’t met anyone who dislikes Lego!) there is still loads to do for all the family.
- We also spent some time sightseeing in London. It went very well considering I’d been nervous about getting around the busy touristy areas with 2 kids, 1 in a pushchair. But even on the underground we managed without too much hassle. The kids liked seeing all the popular sights, like Buckingham Palace and Big Ben, plus we had a brief visit to the Tower of London to see the crown jewels and a trip on the river boat. A highlight for Clara was seeing the Dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum – although she was scared of the animatronic T-rex!
- It’s always the way that I don’t go out for months and then my entire year’s social life is packed into a few weeks! I’ve been out for a hen party, which quickly escalated into tequila and karaoke, and a very civilised afternoon tea at the very posh Armathwaite Hall in the Lake District. It’s been nice to have some time to chill out adult style and spend time with my fellow mum friends somewhere that isn’t soft play!
- The weather has been getting warmer (for the most part) and we’ve made the most of it by visiting a nearby beach and Muncaster Castle, where I was able to play around with my camera (getting it off Auto is an achievement for me) and capture some pretty pictures of Clara amongst the bluebells.
- We’ve been celebrating Star Wars month this May with Hallmark and Itty Bittys. The girls had lots of fun opening some Star Wars goodies and we put together a little video; these two crack me up!
- Don’t miss out on any of our videos – you can subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
- Twinkly Tuesday with Mumma Scribbles
- Blogger Club UK with Mudpie Fridays, Cuddle Fairy and My Random Musings
- Brilliant Blog Posts with Honest Mum
- The List Linky with You Baby, Me Mummy
If you enjoyed this post, please share. 🙂