As January draws to a close, I can’t believe we are already one month in to 2017. I lost a week to tonsillitis, but other than that the year has got off to quite a productive start. We’ve put our house on the market, I took a few days off work to get the house decluttered and organised, Izzy turned 6 and we’ve had a few free weekends to spend some time together as a family, which has been nice after the hectic build up to Christmas.
- This weekend we celebrated Chinese New Year. Izzy and Clara loved trying different food (with chopsticks), making lanterns, dancing to Chinese music, dressing up as a dragon and watching Mulan and Kung Fu Panda 3.
- We gave them some money in lucky red envelopes, discovered why each year is named after a different animal, and Izzy wrote messages to go in our paper fortune cookies. She also learnt how to write her and Clara’s names in Chinese.
- It’s nice when they show an interest in learning about new things, so I wanted to make the most of this wonderful curiosity. You can read our post about celebrating Chinese New Year here.
- The weekend before, we managed to get out into the Lake District; the fresh air was very welcome after a week stuck in the house with tonsillitis. We are really lucky to live so close to the Lakes but don’t always make the most of it. When we do though, the kids love it – feeding the ducks, trying to skim stones in the lakes and exploring forests.
- The girls both filled their star charts last week (sometimes a painful process but we got there in the end!) so we rewarded them with a family trip to the cinema to see Trolls – for the second time. It’s a great film, I enjoyed it just as much as the kids – and Izzy got the CD soundtrack for her birthday so we have been listening to that a lot lately. Hearing Clara singing “Helloooo, is it me you’re looking for?” or seeing her dancing away to a bit of Justin Timberlake is hilarious.
- I posted a roundup of ideas for celebrating Chinese New Year with children.
- One from the archives: 8 storage solutions for toys and books
- Kizzy, Izzy & Baby is 3 years old this week! Here’s my first ever blog post.
- Tuesday Treasures with Rachel Swirl and Adventures in Websterland
- Twinkly Tuesday with Mumma Scribbles
- Brilliant Blog Posts with Honest Mum
- Bloggers Club UK with Cuddle Fairy, Mudpie Fridays and Random Musings.