Like many households we are in full on Christmas mode. The tree is up, presents are bought and wrapped and the turkey is ordered.
- This year I have been really organised. Well, really organised for me – I’m usually rushing about a couple of days before Christmas panic buying last minute gifts. This year I decided that December is manic enough without causing even more stress, so I set myself a target of buying all gifts by the end of November – and I did it. Which is no mean feat with a family my size. With that huge task ticked off the list, it’s meant that this month we could focus on fun and festivities.
- Managing the schedule of a school aged child is a full time job at this time of year – last week alone Izzy had 1 dress rehearsal, 3 plays, 1 school party, 2 choir performances and a Christmas jumper day, plus 2 birthday parties, swimming, dance class and a dance concert. At this rate she is going to need the whole of January to recover!
- Clara is really excited about Christmas. “When Santa got stuck up the chimney” has replaced “Polly put the kettle on” as the bedtime song of choice, she loves rearranging the Christmas cards and she is constantly asking for her advent calendar (she doesn’t understand that she can only open it once a day!)
- She keeps talking about how Father Christmas is going to bring her a Baby Annabell if she is a good girl. The nice and naughty list is a concept that she has really caught on to – she gets very upset if Izzy tells her she is on the naughty list, but if she thinks anyone else is misbehaving she is quite happy to wag her finger at them and say that Father Christmas won’t bring them any presents!
- I wasn’t sure how Clara would react to meeting Father Christmas. She was a little shy at first but soon warmed to the idea – especially when she got a present!
Now we are on the final countdown to the big day – a couple more days at work, a few presents to deliver and the turkey to collect, and it will soon be time to see what Father Christmas has left under the tree.
Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!
- We celebrated the premiere of Frozen Northern Lights on Disney Channel with a Frozen Northern Lights Elsa Doll.
- After all that hard work preparing for Christmas, why not treat yourself to a gift? We tried out a Bubble Box subscription, featuring bottles of fizz and tasty treats.
- If you are still looking for ideas for stocking fillers, we’ve put together this roundup of gifts for kids.
- Want to keep the kids busy over the holidays? Why not try one of our craft ideas.