- This week I went along to my first ever event as a blogger; it was the launch of the Booths Christmas range at one of their Cumbrian stores. I was really nervous as I didn’t know what to expect and I was completely out of my comfort zone, but it was really interesting and I hope it’s the first of many. I met fellow blogger Steph from Mental Parentals, and even though we’d never met before I still felt like she was a familiar face just from reading her blog!
- Izzy had her last swimming lesson in Stage 4, although it was brought to an abrupt end due to poo in the pool! We didn’t know what had happened at first, as all the kids were just told to get out and line up at the side of the pool, but then Izzy – in her usual subtle way – started miming to us and doing actions of someone having a poo. It was like a slightly disturbing game of charades.
- I can’t believe she will be in Stage 5 next week, which means she will be swimming in the deep end. She’s a bit nervous but she’s also really proud of herself; she’s been working really hard at swimming lately. I’m probably more nervous, given that her first lesson in the big pool resulted in her instructor having to jump in fully clothed to stop her drowning. Luckily she wasn’t traumatized and we can laugh about it now!
- Winter preparations are in full swing, and both girls got new coats, hats and gloves when we went shopping last week. Since then, typically, the weather has been unseasonably warm but they have still insisted on wearing their new coats anyway.
- Izzy had a sleepover at my friend’s house. She had loads of fun making pizza, feeding the ducks and playing with the new budgie. Clara was a bit confused though and in the morning said “Izzy gone… We lost her.” She was excited to see her when we went to pick her up, but even more excited to see the budgie and even stroked his belly, which I was really surprised about given how she usually holds back and is quite cautious. She was so proud of herself though.
- It’s new hair week for me! I got rid of the blonde that was drying out my hair and went back to dark brown but with some purple highlights running through it. It feels much healthier already. It’s amazing how new hair can instantly make you feel better!
- You can read all about the launch of the Booths Christmas range here.
- A while ago I teamed up with Mothercare to bring you some tips on taking care of your child’s favourite toy on holiday. I was pleasantly surprised to get a parcel of goodies delivered this week as a thank you!
- You can get some Halloween Inspiration by following our Halloween Pinterest Board!
This post has been linked up with:
If you enjoyed this post, please share. 🙂