- The highlight of this week for Izzy was going to her first ever football match. She’s a Manchester City fan (influenced by Daddy of course) and went to see the City Women’s match on Sunday. She has decided that her favourite player is Izzy Christiansen, if only because they share the same name, so she got number 11 on the back of her shirt in tribute.
I was shopping with Clara in Manchester while Izzy went to the match with her Daddy, but she told me all about it. She was really excited and was engrossed for most of the game. At the end of the match some of the players came out to sign autographs and have photos taken with the fans – Izzy was lucky enough to meet a few but was really upset at first that her favourite wasn’t there!
- For Clara the highlight was going to the Museum of Manchester. Both girls loved it but I was surprised by Clara – I thought she was a bit young to get anything out of it but she liked seeing all the models of the animals and even the skeletons. But of course the best bit (and the main reason we went) was to see Stan, the model made from the fossil of a T-Rex. The day before Clara got a little soft toy of Rex from Toy Story and she was excited to introduce her Rex to the big dinosaur.
- In the week leading up to our Manchester trip, I was off work ill so we didn’t achieve much. The first couple of days weren’t too bad as I mainly slept and binge-watched series of Hawaii Five-0, but by the end of the week I had serious cabin fever so was pleased to get away for the weekend, even with a lingering cough.
- The weekend before was another busy one, packed with social events. It’s always the way, I do nothing for weeks then have loads of invites in one go! Thursday I was out for a meal with some fellow mums from playgroup, a rare chance to catch up without us all diving in different directions to roundup the kids!
- On Friday I went to a lovely wedding in the evening, where I got chance to catch up with some of my oldest friends. Saturday was another invite for tea, this time at a friends house and I took the girls with me. They mainly ran riot for a few hours and Izzy was in full showing off mood, even putting on a performance of Annie. They were shattered after that but still on good form for a christening on the Sunday, where I managed to get a rare photograph of them both dressed nicely and looking in the same direction!
- We also managed to fit in a trip to the beach with friends, and even though the tide was in so there was no sand, the girls enjoyed having a little paddle and eating ice cream.
Okay so this has been more of a two week roundup! What have you been up to this week?
- We teamed up with Mothercare to bring you some top tips for keeping your child’s favourite toy safe on holiday.
- We reviewed a new lunch bag from Bibetta.
- We’ve linked up this post to Twinkly Tuesday with Mumma Scribbles and The List with You Baby, Me Mummy and Mr and Mrs T Plus Three.
If you enjoyed this post, please share. 🙂