Another month has flown by and my littlest is getting bigger by the day. I am a bit behind with this post as she turned 10 months 2 week ago, but time has just got away from me! It will be really nice to look back on these monthly updates and remember all the stages she has gone through – especially as this year is going so fast and all the weeks seem to blur together. That’s one of the reasons I started this blog – to record all the little and ordinary yet at the same time amazing moments that make up our family life.
1. She smiles with her entire face – when she smiles she opens her mouth really wide. My parents say I did the same as a baby and they reckon she looks a lot like me when she does it.
2. She crawls and stands at the speed of light! One minute she is next to me, the next she is across the room trying to pull furniture on herself. She has managed to stand for a few seconds without holding on to anything, but she is quite unsteady on her feet.
3. Eating is still one of her favourite things to do. She loves exploring different flavours and textures and is really confident with finger food. The girl loves cake.
4. She is starting to recognise a lot more words and respond to them. If you ask her to clap, wave, dance or high five she will, always with a cheeky smile on her face. She claps along to music, especially “If you are happy and you know it” which is one of her favourites.
5. On her own she is quiet and content, happy to entertain herself with her toys or look at books with me. When Izzy is on the scene though she goes giddy, and they chase each other around the room on all fours and tickle each other. Sometimes though she just wants to sit next to her big sister. Just quietly resting her head on her. Which lasts all of 30 seconds before she pulls Izzy’s hair!