What you need:
- Paint brushes
- 2 potatoes – one large and one small – halved
- Paper plates (for the paint)
- Coloured card
- Some patience*
*Ok, a lot of patience when your child insists that Reindeers should be green and have ten legs, while you are trying to encourage them to create Pinterest worthy artwork something nice to give their Grandparents.
1. Use the large potato halves to make bodies of snowmen, reindeers and santas, and the small ones to make the heads.
2. Then add the details – faces, hats, scarves, antlers etc – with the paint brushes. Alternatively, these could be drawn on with felt tip pen.
3. Leave to dry for ages because no doubt your child will have used ten times more paint than necessary.